Maximum performance - Heat pipe has up to 50% more efficiency than a flat plate collector
Works in all climates, including cold, overcast days
Easy to install - Split system provides solar heating without a storage tank on the roof
Instant unlimited mains pressure hot water with either gas or electric boosting
Long-life materials, maintenance-free
Designed to withstand extreme conditions
Evacuated Glass Solar Tubes
Inside and outside tubes are made from extremely strong borosilicate glass that are fused together to form a vacuum between two tubes.
1. Outer Tube - Allows the sun's rays to pass through with minimal reflection
2. Inner Tube - Special selective coating on the outside of the tube contributes the highest thermal efficiency and good thermal stability
3. Evacuated Space - Stops heat loss / emission to outside of the glass tube, making these collectors particularly effective during cold and cloudy weather
4. Selective Surface - Absorbs the maximum solar radiation to convert into heat efficiently
5. Cylindrical Shape - Sun's rays are perpendicular to the absorber for most of the day
6. Fin - Transfers the heat to copper tube without heat loss
7. Copper Conduction Tube - Passes the heat to the water / fluid inside the copper tube
8. Barium Layer - Actively absorbs the air to maintain the vacuum between the two tubes
How does it work?
The sun's rays pass through the outer tube, and perpendicularly strike the absorber surface on the outside of the inner glass tube.
The selective surface absorbs maximum solar radiation and converts it into heat very efficiently.
Because the sunlight is perpendicular to the absorber tubes almost all day, the sun's energy is absorbed and transferred efficiently.
The insulation formed by the vacuum space between the outer and inner tubes minimises heat loss to the outside, whilst allowing the sun's energy to reach the copper tube inside the inner glass tube.